As the final step in the creative process, Mastering is every bit as important in making a consistently great-sounding album. During mastering we make sure that songs’ levels are uniform and consistent with a pleasing sound. It is here that we take care of problem areas like shrill highs, undefined mid-range, muddy bass and make smooth, clear and punchy tracks that sound good on any sound system.
Some of the things we do during the mastering process are:
- Remove tape hiss, noise, clicks and crackles if needed.
- Check left and right balance and correct any phase issues.
- EQ where necessary and smooth out or correct any problem areas.
- Apply compression, limiting and spatial enhancements.
- Editing, track sequencing and timing.
- Add fade-ins or fade-outs if needed.
- Match all track loudness levels.
- Enter in CD text.
- Create a DDP Master for CD replication.
SUBMITTING YOUR MIXES FOR MASTERING: You can send us your mixes on a flash drive, DVD, CDR, or you can email them to us through our FTP service. When submitting your project for mastering, please include the following information:
- Name and mailing address
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Artist Name
- Album Title
- Track Titles
ACCEPTED DATA FILE FORMATS
- 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k sample rates
- 16, 24, 32 bit depth